GROWING YOUR FAITH
Text: Proverbs 4:23; Matthew 12:34-35,37; Romans 10:9-10.
Why we need to build our faith?
- We need faith in God to overcome the storms of life since no one is immune against the storms of life – surely the rain will fall; the flood will come; the wind will blow but it is your faith that will make you overcome. If you must succeed in life you must learn to develop your faith to overcome the difficulties of life.
- We need faith to be able to lay hold on the promises of God. God wants to expand your territory and enlarge your borders so that you can succeed. If he did it for Jabez he will do it for you but to achieve the success of Jabez requires the faith of Jabez.
- We need faith to do ministry work. The work of ministry cannot progress without faith. Like most ministers know, you learn to trust God on a daily basis; step by step. Faith honors God and God honors faith and it is faith that will make God by-pass one million persons to reach you. You cannot have faith and doubt at the same time. The good news is that as long as you are in ministry, your faith will grow as you learn to trust God always.
Growing your faith:
“Guard your heart with all diligence; for out of it flow the issues of life”. The Greek meaning of “issues of life” connotes boundaries or borders. It is your heart that sets the limits of your life not the circumstances of life. If your heart says it is possible then you will fight to get it done. The Bible also says “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he” meaning that it is your heart that defines you. Your heart is the storage of faith and it drives your words. The Bible says in Matthew 12:37 that your words will either condemn or justify you before God. It is what promotes or demotes you.
Since the heart is so important we must guard the channels feeding it – what we see; hear or say. What you see can corrupt your heart; therefore be careful what you read or watch. Also what you listen to especially music can corrupt your heart. What you say portrays what you have inside of you because we speak out of the abundance of our heart.
What to do:
- Re-program your heart. Detoxify your heart by removing all those “viruses” you have been feeding your heart with all these years by reading and meditating on the word of God.
- Deal with your heart. Set boundaries for what you allow to go into your heart.
- Think (meditate) on the things that edify.
- Step out from the crowd. Put your two feet firmly with Christ not one foot in church and one in the world.
- Don’t copy anyone and don’t follow those who are not following Christ
- Use what you have by exercising your faith and it will grow
- O God my father, cause your word to purge my heart and mind in Jesus name
- Blood of Jesus, wash my heart clean from every spiritual virus
- Father in heaven, help my unbeliever and make me strong in the face of the challenges of life.
For enquiries contact: Elshaddai Covenant Church, 7, Social Club Road, Off Charity Road, Abule-Egba. Tel: 08080929292; 08182281184 (Whatsapp messages only).
DOMINION THROUGH SPEAKING IN TONGUES!
By Dr James O. James
Dominion means complete power. Living in dominion means living a life of power over and beyond limitations; a life of power over sins, power over life's threatening circumstances and difficult situations, and also power over demonic influences and manipulations.
We serve the God of power and it is His earnest desire to see us exercise complete power on the earth. The first thing God said to mankind at creation bears witness to this. (Genesis 1:26-28) God commanded mankind to be fruitful, to multiply, to replenish the earth, subdue it and have DOMINION over everything that moves upon the face of the earth!
We live in a world today where people do all sorts of things in the quest for power. Some have sold out their souls to the devil by joining occultic associations, performing fetish rituals and even going as far as eating human waste, all in the quest for power!
The Christian however needs not look too far for this because the promises of God regarding us having and exercising power are as real today as they were in the days of the Apostles.
In Acts 1:8, our Lord Jesus promised his disciples, "You shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit has come upon you..."
In the following chapter, they received this power in the form of tongues of fire descending upon them while they tarried in the upper room ( Acts 2). With this power, they did great exploits for God and His Kingdom which led to the birth and growth of the church, which has spread all over nations today! The sick were healed, the cripple walked, the blind received sight, even the dead were raised back to life due to this power!
Dear friend, that scripture in Acts 1 and 2 is as real today as it was in the days of the apostles and I make bold to tell you that I am a living witness.
Some years ago, armed robbers visited my house while I lived in the city of Jos. It was just me, two women and a little child at our home that night,. The robbers had forced a wedge beneath the main door and were going to pull it down. Were we frightened? Oh yes! But, guess what? I was emboldened by the Holy Spirit and suddenly burst into tongues and began to pray in tongues quite loudly, and alas, the robbers ran away.
I have also seen terminal diseases heal, by reason of praying in tongues. I have seen desperate situations change as well!
Dear friend, you might be a Christian but still live under bondage simply because you are ignorant of the power of the Holy Spirit and what He can do and accomplish in your life when you receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and are able to pray in tongues. Some of the prayers you pray against enemies might be unnecessary after all when you begin to make real warfare in the spirit. The Holy Spirit knows the secrets that you are unaware of and can make war through you as you pray in tongues!
The tongue is very powerful and can kill or make alive ( James 3:5-8). Interestingly, it is this same tongue that the believer can use to both exercise authority and dominion upon the face of the earth.
Some Benefits of Speaking in Tongues
- According to 1 Corinthians 14:2, when we speak in tongues, we are praying directing to the heavens. Because it is a heavenly coded language that the kingdom of darkness cannot understand, our prayer can therefore not be waylaid. , as we are speaking the mysteries ( secrets) of God that are yet to be revealed!
- When we speak in tongues, we charge ourselves up!
Like phone batteries, our spirit man needs to be constantly recharged because the cares of this world and situations can easily drain us and cause our power to leak out just like batteries do. So, we are plugged to our divine power source, when we pray in tongues. As we do so, we build up our most holy faith (Jude 20)
- The Holy Spirit helps our weaknesses when we pray in tongues. (Romans 8:26) He directs our prayers to meet our needs and also the needs of others.
- Praying in tongues gives you power! The more you pray in tongues the more powerful you become in the spirit and thus, the more challenges and situations begin to bow before you!
- Speaking in tongues grants us access to the angelic world. This is most true for ministers, especially those who sing for God. The more you worship and pray in tongues the more inspiration you get as you are transported into realms of angelic worship.
- Speaking in tongues gives life to your body and spirit man. It gives life to your calling such that you are not easily discouraged.
- Speaking in tongues causes the gifts of God in you to come alive such that you begin to function at your maximum!
Dear reader, there is so much more that speaking and praying in tongues can do and accomplish in your life. But, I must tell you that all these can only happen in your life if you take the very first and most important step of accepting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ who died for you to exercise the dominion that God gave to mankind at the creation.
If you desire this dominion, please say the following prayer:
Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I confess my sins today and accept your sacrifice to save me. Please forgive my sins and come into my life and be my Lord and Saviour. Satan, I renounce and forsake you as I embrace Jesus Christ today.
Thank You Lord, for saving me.
If you said the above prayer, I congratulate you, you are now a child of God, and a bona fide candidate for a life of dominion.
Please contact the addresses below for more information on how you can get baptized in the Holy Spirit, so as to exercise your dominion as a child of the Most High God. You are welcome to the fold!
Dr James O. James