DOMINION THROUGH SPEAKING IN TONGUES!
By Dr James O. James
Dominion means complete power. Living in dominion means living a life of power over and beyond limitations; a life of power over sins, power over life’s threatening circumstances and difficult situations, and also power over demonic influences and manipulations.
We serve the God of power and it is His earnest desire to see us exercise complete power on the earth. The first thing God said to mankind at creation bears witness to this. (Genesis 1:26-28) God commanded mankind to be fruitful, to multiply, to replenish the earth, subdue it and have DOMINION over everything that moves upon the face of the earth!
We live in a world today where people do all sorts of things in the quest for power. Some have sold out their souls to the devil by joining occultic associations, performing fetish rituals and even going as far as eating human waste, all in the quest for power!
The Christian however needs not look too far for this because the promises of God regarding us having and exercising power are as real today as they were in the days of the Apostles.
In Acts 1:8, our Lord Jesus promised his disciples, “You shall receive power, after that the Holy Spirit has come upon you…”
In the following chapter, they received this power in the form of tongues of fire descending upon them while they tarried in the upper room ( Acts 2). With this power, they did great exploits for God and His Kingdom which led to the birth and growth of the church, which has spread all over nations today! The sick were healed, the cripple walked, the blind received sight, even the dead were raised back to life due to this power!
Dear friend, that scripture in Acts 1 and 2 is as real today as it was in the days of the apostles and I make bold to tell you that I am a living witness.
Some years ago, armed robbers visited my house while I lived in the city of Jos. It was just me, two women and a little child at our home that night,. The robbers had forced a wedge beneath the main door and were going to pull it down. Were we frightened? Oh yes! But, guess what? I was emboldened by the Holy Spirit and suddenly burst into tongues and began to pray in tongues quite loudly, and alas, the robbers ran away.
I have also seen terminal diseases heal, by reason of praying in tongues. I have seen desperate situations change as well!
Dear friend, you might be a Christian but still live under bondage simply because you are ignorant of the power of the Holy Spirit and what He can do and accomplish in your life when you receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and are able to pray in tongues. Some of the prayers you pray against enemies might be unnecessary after all when you begin to make real warfare in the spirit. The Holy Spirit knows the secrets that you are unaware of and can make war through you as you pray in tongues!
The tongue is very powerful and can kill or make alive ( James 3:5-8). Interestingly, it is this same tongue that the believer can use to both exercise authority and dominion upon the face of the earth.
Some Benefits of Speaking in Tongues
- According to 1 Corinthians 14:2, when we speak in tongues, we are praying directing to the heavens. Because it is a heavenly coded language that the kingdom of darkness cannot understand, our prayer can therefore not be waylaid. , as we are speaking the mysteries ( secrets) of God that are yet to be revealed!
- When we speak in tongues, we charge ourselves up!
Like phone batteries, our spirit man needs to be constantly recharged because the cares of this world and situations can easily drain us and cause our power to leak out just like batteries do. So, we are plugged to our divine power source, when we pray in tongues. As we do so, we build up our most holy faith (Jude 20)
- The Holy Spirit helps our weaknesses when we pray in tongues. (Romans 8:26) He directs our prayers to meet our needs and also the needs of others.
- Praying in tongues gives you power! The more you pray in tongues the more powerful you become in the spirit and thus, the more challenges and situations begin to bow before you!
- Speaking in tongues grants us access to the angelic world. This is most true for ministers, especially those who sing for God. The more you worship and pray in tongues the more inspiration you get as you are transported into realms of angelic worship.
- Speaking in tongues gives life to your body and spirit man. It gives life to your calling such that you are not easily discouraged.
- Speaking in tongues causes the gifts of God in you to come alive such that you begin to function at your maximum!
Dear reader, there is so much more that speaking and praying in tongues can do and accomplish in your life. But, I must tell you that all these can only happen in your life if you take the very first and most important step of accepting the sacrifice of Jesus Christ who died for you to exercise the dominion that God gave to mankind at the creation.
If you desire this dominion, please say the following prayer:
Lord Jesus, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I confess my sins today and accept your sacrifice to save me. Please forgive my sins and come into my life and be my Lord and Saviour. Satan, I renounce and forsake you as I embrace Jesus Christ today.
Thank You Lord, for saving me.
If you said the above prayer, I congratulate you, you are now a child of God, and a bona fide candidate for a life of dominion.
Please contact the addresses below for more information on how you can get baptized in the Holy Spirit, so as to exercise your dominion as a child of the Most High God. You are welcome to the fold!
Dr James O. James